Oil Can! Pick Up the Patch!
In an effort to combat litter in the oil patch, the North Dakota Petroleum Council is launching a new program: Oil Can! Pick up the Patch! We hope to inspire companies and communities to identify ways in which they can work together to keep western North Dakota trash-free. The NDPC encourages companies to consider implementing and committing to the following approaches in picking up the Patch:
- Include trash disposal in employee training.
- Stress the importance of proper litter disposal to employees and contractors daily.
- Consider participation in statewide clean-up efforts like the Adopt-A-Highway and Keep North Dakota Clean programs.
- Work with the local communities in which you work to coordinate clean-up efforts.
City Clean-up Information
Please consider contacting communities in which you live and work to ask how your company can help. Click here to view city clean-up information.
- Keep North Dakota Clean – A continuous statewide program of education for beautification of the state and the proper disposal of litter.
- Adopt-a-Highway – Volunteer to clean a three mile stretch of highway during the months of April-September.
If your company has made any arrangements or implemented new practices or programs, please contact Alexis at the NDPC (email@example.com or 701-223-6380) to let us know what you’re doing. We welcome any questions, comments or suggestions.